You may have come across this error if you try to program against web services in your SSIS packages.
“Task failed because sgen.exe was not found, or the correct Microsoft Windows SDK is not installed”. If your I.T. Department won’t let you install the SDK and you are out of Freddo frogs, follow these instructions to navigate to and disable the Generate Serialization Assembly option.
1. Open SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio or SQL Server Data Tools.
2. Open the project file or the solution file.
3. In Solution Explorer, double-click the SSIS Package to open the Package Designer.
4. Double-click Script Task in the Package Designer to open the Script Task Editor dialog box – Click Edit Script.
6. In Project Explorer, right-click the project, and then click Properties.
9. You should now be able to Build your code without error.